Sunday, May 13, 2018

My 85-Year-Old Single Mother

 
 
Mom and Dad were a unit for 67 years. What happens now that she's alone?
[ view in browser.   add esquire@newsletter.esquire.com to your address book ]  
 
 
Esquire
 
Sunday Reads
 
 
 
 
FOLLOW US
 
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram You Tube Google Plus
 
 
My 85-Year-Old Single Mother
 
"Dave, have you ever had a taco?" My mom dropped this question in the middle of a four-minute voicemail she left a couple of weeks ago. If she calls and I can't pick up, she leaves messages that are exactly four minutes long, because four minutes is when the voicemail cuts you off. So I get all sorts of news, uninterrupted, like the fact that my 85-year-old mother has just had her first taco.

"Because you really should if you haven't. Delicious."

Mom's trying a lot of new things now that she's a widow. This past New Year's Eve, her husband, my father, passed away. They started dating when she was 17 years old.

READ MORE
 
MORE FROM ESQUIRE


 
Esquire
 
Celebrities Hanging Out With Their Moms: The Photos
 
If Leo can take his mom to an awards show, you can call yours on Mother's Day. Read On
 
 
 
Esquire
 
I'm 31 Years Old, and My Mother Still Buys My Clothes
 
"Another package from Mom." Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Esquire
 
The Perfect Movie to Watch with Every Kind of Mom on Mother's Day
 
Spend some quality time not talking to each other for a few hours. Read On
 
 
 
Esquire
 
Mix Up a Whisky and Red Wine Cocktail for Mother's Day
 
"Mam Knows Best" is perfect for the mom who loves her scotch. Read On
 
 
 
Esquire
 
Make Your Regular Mom a Cool Mom With This Mother's Day Playlist
 
These songs are the best gift of all, from Prince to Drake. Read On
 
 
 
 
 
 
Unsubscribe •  Privacy Policy
 
esquire.com
©2018 Hearst Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Hearst Email Privacy, 300 W 57th St., Fl. 19 (sta 1-1), New York, NY 10019
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment