Thursday, August 20, 2026
|
|
|
|
You might think the world of Dior men’s fragrance starts and stops with Sauvage. Though that’s true—everything falls between the original eau de toilette and brand new extrait—there’s more to be explored within, and it’s only expanding under the direction of olfactory legend Francis Kurkdjian. Here, we name our favorites. —Luke Guillory, commerce editor
|
|
|
|
Yes, you know Sauvage, but there are a few hidden gems in the lineup.
|
These days, just about every major fashion house has a fragrance collection (think Chanel, Prada, Louis Vuitton), but Dior has been in the scent game longer than most. Christian Dior created the brand’s first perfume, Miss Dior, all the way back in 1947, and Dior has spent the decades since building an impressive line up of both women’s and men’s fragrances, from timeless classics to modern crowd-pleasers.
What makes Dior fragrances stand out, however, is that even the classics still smell modern. These are not dusty old scents that remind you of your grandfather. Even the original Eau Sauvage, released in 1966, is something you’d want to wear today—fresh, gentlemanly, and somehow still modern. Truly, for nearly every decade of the past half century, Dior has created a fragrance that both perfectly captures that time but also transcends it, which is why Dior colognes are routinely found on lists of the most popular colognes.
The other benefit of having such a deep history of cologne is that Dior has something for every man.
|
|
|
|
Do you want to see Dune: Part Three in theaters, huh? Looks good, doesn’t it? Everyone’s saying it’s the biggest movie of the year after The Odyssey. Plus, director Denis Villeneuve just told fans that IMAX 70mm was the best format around! Timothée Chalamet’s in it. Zendaya and Robert Pattinson too. Let’s see if there are any tickets available...
What’s this? The AMC website is down? Oh, and they’re all sold out anyway? And scalpers are already reselling them for upwards of $1,000 on eBay?!
You close the tab, get back to your thankless job, and accept your fate. In a few months, you’ll watch Dune: Part Three at on a teensy screen in the crustiest, smallest theater at your local AMC. You didn’t think this would be like trying to nab tickets to Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour. But here you are. You can’t go to the theaters even if you actually want to anymore. It’s out of control.
|
|
|
|
On a recent weeknight, I went out on a date with a girl I had been seeing for a few weeks. We were at a cute little wine bar, and there weren’t many people there, which I liked. She was telling me about an upcoming project from the business she ran with her friends, and I was asking normal questions about it. Then I saw her get uncomfortable, and she said it: “I don’t think we can keep going out.”
“I’m around these friends constantly, for work, all the time,” she said. “You’re eventually going to meet them. We’re going to be at each other’s birthdays. And I just can’t have you around them.”
Why? Because I’m a Trump voter.
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment