Saturday, October 10, 2026
|
|
|
|
Want proof that documentary filmmaking is at its peak? Look no further than Nathan Fielder and Lance Oppenheim's buzzy new doc, You Can See Everything, which is a genre-bending portrait of disgraced Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes. Many believe it'll compete for Best Picture next year. But that's just one of many great slice-of-life films we've seen in 2026. We rounded up the best documentaries of the year below. —Brady Langmann, senior entertainment editor
|
|
|
|
Tired of scrolling through AI videos on Instagram? Tap into some real stories.
|
The film industry is in a weird place. IP is king. A box-office flop is treated like its the end of the world, and massive mergers threaten opportunity and creativity for filmmakers in the years ahead. I don’t mean to sound all doom and gloom—there are still plenty of amazing films that came out this year so far—but it seems exceptionally hard to get a documentary made nowadays, let alone drum up excitement for something that doesn’t feature Spider-Man or the Minions.
But if you’re in for something real, we have the list for you. The documentaries on the list range from insightful stories about life on Earth (Once Upon a Time in Harlem, The History of Concrete), to portraits of our favorite celebrities (Man on the Run, Oasis: Don’t Look Back in Anger).
|
|
|
|
I get a day closer to my wedding every day, every hour, and I still haven’t locked in the workout regimen I promised my fiancĂ©e I would do months ago. I can blame it on the weather or our busy schedule, but the truth is it’s just something I’ve never loved doing. I’ve always needed external motivation through toys (let’s call it tech). The first time I got an Apple Watch or when I first started wearing an Oura Ring and seeing how it affected my sleep—these are the things that get me in the gym. Seeing my progress, turning it into a game, that stuff sounds corny, but it works for me. At the same time, I still have yet to find what I really want. I’ve always yearned for a versatile wearable with real-time workout tracking that I’m comfortable sleeping in—there are plenty of those. But finally there’s one that’s not trying to nickel-and-dime me.
It’s taken years of searching and waiting, but I think I may have found what I’m looking for in the Garmin Cirqa.
|
|
|
|
Here at Esquire, we’re not shy about our love of a good, stiff drink. Perhaps that’s why we’ve been so distressed by the data that has been published over the past few years claiming young people don’t imbibe like they used to. Mercifully, that myth has been busted. A recent report from the IWSR has shown that 74 percent of Gen Z adults are enjoying alcohol, up from 66 percent just a few years back. (Did anyone even consider that maybe most of them weren’t 21 yet?)
When they’re not drinking canned cocktails—and they shouldn’t be, in our opinion—they’re reaching for spirits over beer and wine. That’s something we can get behind. So let’s celebrate with a drink, shall we?
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment