Tuesday, September 15, 2026
|
|
|
|
When the weather cools down, my grain spirits pendulum swings towards rye and its cinnamon, baking spice, and heat. But during fall—when it’s cool, not cold—I still want a bit of fruit, crucially I want apple. Esquire’s Chris Hatler got his hands on the new expression from Booker’s and its Reserves program, which he says hits that apple note to perfection. It sounds so good that I’m swinging by the liquor store on the way home to ask my guy to put in an order. —Luke Guillory, commerce editor
|
|
|
|
For this year’s limited edition release, Booker’s went all out on the autumn vibes. Just don’t immediately dump this rye whiskey in your hot apple cider.
|
I hate to be that millennial, but like many of my generational brethren, I’m an absolute sucker for autumn. The summer heat tapers off. We can wear sweaters again. Greens are out; oranges and reds and yellows are in. And apple picking—I’m one of the few proud early-30s dudes without kids who’s totally down to pay to pick his own produce. All that’s to say, I love fall, and the absolute best part about it is that it’s the official start of whiskey season.
You can certainly enjoy whiskey year-round, but to me, it’s more appealing to sip a warming oak-forward spirit on a cool, breezy night than on a sweaty summer day. Which is why I was excited to find out that one of my favorite whiskey brands, Booker’s, has released a special-edition rye whiskey that’s engineered for autumn.
|
|
|
|
It’s television’s big night—a chance for the stars of our favorite shows to honor their fellow actors and remind everyone why we gather around the big glowing screen in the family room in the first place. But the carpet is not red. It’s blue. This isn’t really a big deal, but if you ask me, it’s worth noting.
So, which guys really turned it out tonight and displayed their sartorial bona fides on the blue carpet? Well, a lot of them, as it turns out. Some of then went classic, rocking a tux and knowing that for an awards show, you really can’t go wrong by making that move. Others—Colman Domingo, I’m looking at you—forged their own path. The Emmys might not be the most adventurous event, fashion-wise, but the choice to play it a little differently than the rest of the attendees seems to have paid off.
Here are the men who really delivered, whether they’re wearing traditional black tie or something a little different.
|
|
|
|
The Emmys sent a single, clear message last night, and it was a call for help: We need more good guys.
The Emmys, just like the Oscars, don’t necessarily celebrate what will be timeless. They are a guide to what matters right now, in this time and place. The recurring theme during Monday’s TV honors was to honor unlikely heroes who step up when the going gets weird.
It’s a hairpin turn from last year, when the awards were a spotlight on monsters, psychopaths, and egomaniacs. Severance, Adolescence, and The Studio were the recurring winners last time, each a repository for despair, darkness, mania. That was what voters and viewers wanted to get off their chests and out of their system. The rare counterexample was Noah Wyle’s win for best actor in a drama for The Pitt’s valiant Dr. Robby.
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment