Monday, September 14, 2026
|
|
|
|
Donald Trump Jr. had himself a pretty nice wedding, back in May: Bahamas. Fetching dancers in sailor caps. Five (!!) tiers of funfetti. A little too nice, if you know what I mean. “Who sprinkled the happy couple with herring-scented fairy dust?” asks our own Charles P. Pierce. You’ll never guess. Actually, you will. Read on for more. –Kevin Dupzyk, features director
e
|
|
|
|
If you thought no Trump would want to be seen associating with a bald-headed buddy of Vladimir Putin, you’ve probably never been offered a discount on a private island.
|
Oh, now this is precious. Reported by ProPublica, Donald Trump Jr. celebrated his wedding in the Bahamas (with scantily clad dancers in sailor caps) over a lavish, three-day party on ultra-exclusive private islands. And it was all paid for by Umar Kremlev, a Russian oligarch and head of the International Boxing Association who is close to President Vladimir Putin.
ProPublica reports that wedding payments came from an IBA-affiliated entity in Dubai that the organization uses for transactions. Gee, doing business with a big, bald-headed Russian oligarch who also runs a boxing association? What could possibly go wrong? You might think at this point that nobody named Trump would want to appear in any news story containing Russian and oligarch in any combination. But you, clearly, are not a Trump.
How hard is it to find a wedding planner in Florida?
|
|
|
|
To say that Karl-Anthony Towns has had a big year is a colossal understatement. In just 365 days, Towns (you might know him as “KAT”) has won an NBA Championship, proposed to and married the love of his life, and is currently bouncing between front rows at New York Fashion Week. KAT’s living his dream, and he’s as humble as can be. Before we even began our conversation, he made a point to emphatically thank me for taking the time out of my day. Because, obviously, I’m the busy one here.
But even though he’s having the most hectic summer of his life, KAT isn’t slowing down anytime soon. “I run towards doing the difficult thing, the hard thing, the thing that no one else wants to do, because it’s the most rewarding,” Towns says. “I enjoy the madness that comes with it, because I know what it was like to not have it, and I understand that I asked for this. I prayed for this type of life, this opportunity, the chance to do something special, wanting to win a championship.”
|
|
|
|
If you’ve spent any time on the Internet this week, you’ve seen that Apple released its long-rumored foldable iPhone, dubbed the iPhone Duo. It’s the biggest and most expensive iPhone ever, and in his inaugural September keynote, new CEO John Ternus called it the “most transformative iPhone since the original.”
Reactions have so far been mixed. In my scrolling, it feels like I’ve seen more negative than positive, but negative is the tune for which the Internet is strung. I had the exact opposite experience at the Steve Jobs Theater seeing Wednesday’s announcement in real life. These events are Apple home games; people around me were openly gasping, cheering, clapping. Ternus got a standing ovation before the presentation, not after.
I think all the early chatter has gotten it a bit wrong. Sure, we all want to know the consumer essentials: The starting price is $1,999, the IP68 water and dust rating is achieved with a 3D printed titanium hinge cover, and the cameras are good but not as good as those on the Pro. But I think that “most transformative iPhone since the original” comment is too serious to gloss over.
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment